Update salt from 2015.5.3 to 2016.3.2

When reading salt’s source code, it seems we have a ‘source_hash_update’ option on “archive.extracted”, however when I added so, salt complains:

Let’s see the current output.

So let’s update the minions to 2016.3.2, I’ve put /srv/salt/upgrade_salt/init.sls as following:

And execute it, however I found all my minions are gone. After investigation, the problem is there’s an invalid keyword in /etc/salt/minion:

Therefore I need to replace ‘standard’ with ‘str’ to fix it. (Remember to restart the salt-minion service.)



Published:August 25, 2016


Bookmark the permalink

Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL

Post a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code class="" title="" data-url=""> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong> <pre class="" title="" data-url=""> <span class="" title="" data-url="">